3D Wheel-Systems: New generations of Real-time wheelset monitoring systems for train speed up to 60 and 120 km\h
Jan 12, 2023
Based on the experience gained in operating the first 3DWheel systems in Ankara, we have developed and started production of the next generation 3DWheel.60 systems.
These real time wheels geometry measurement systems are designed to operate at a train speed of up to 60 km/h.
It uses a combination of 2D laser scanners, mounted wayside in the track area and scans the wheel profile during the train journey.
The main tasks that were solved in the development process:
• the working ranges of laser scanners and their location were revised, which made it possible to increase the number of reliable wheel profiles obtained by the system;
• the supporting frame was changed, which, in addition to simplifying assembly, increased the rigidity of the system and resistance to external influences;
• the concept of modularity of the design was implemented, which simplified maintenance and increased the maintainability of the system as a whole;
• developed and implemented a new way of maintaining the internal temperature of the system for operation in the range from -40 to +60 °C;
• algorithms for processing measurement data have been refined, which made it possible to improve the accuracy and reproducibility of measurements.
The first new generation system (one and a half tons of equipment) was sent to India for installation on one of the Delhi Metro lines. Two similar systems have just been successfully installed.
A system that can even operate at train speeds of up to 120 km/h will be available in a few weeks.